The basic rationale of our program is based on the new conditions that have been formed in Europe in recent years with the extended use of the Internet in all countries. The Internet use has become an integral part of the daily routine for the majority not only of the adults but of the children as well, as according to European Commission researches, over the 82% of the adolescents aged 15-17 in Europe have access to the Internet and are actively involved in the social media.
Taking into consideration the above needs, our program pursues the following objectives in the fields of:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Acquisition of critical thinking
- Development of social – communicative skils
- Development of emotional skills
Concluding, this program responds and complies fully with the priorities, strategies and common educational goals for the education systems of the Member States of the EU (European Council March 2000 Lisbon):
Percentage in Europe:
- The consolidation of trust and security on the Internet. Europe must strengthen its policy to combat cybercrime, Internet child pornography and breaches of privacy and personal data.
- The Commission will come forward with measures in the area of network and information security and the fight against cybercrime.
- A Better Internet for Children aiming to equip children with the digital skills and tools they need to fully and safely benefit from being online.